Sunday, November 14, 2010

Cream of chicken/mushroom soup substitute

Okay, I have to admit, this recipe I haven't actually tried yet...but I have been meaning to if that makes up for anything :) I just haven't made anything that requires a cream of soup base and I don't have any nonfat milk on hand...but please try this and tell me what you think (yes (evil laughing) I'm making you be the ginny pig here! jk). I'll also try this soon and post my thoughts on it.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
  • 3/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
  • 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes or 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper

1. Blend ingredients
2. Store in an airtight container at room temperature
3. When ready to use, combine 1/3 cup soup substitute mix with 1 1/4 cups water to equal 1 can of soup

Yields 6 cans soup mix

http://www.food.com/recipe/healthy-substitute-for-cream-of-chicken-soup-18157

No comments:

Post a Comment