- 3 large, ripe bananas, well mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, barely warm, so it isn't solid (or alternately, olive oil)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut, finely shredded & unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6-7 ounces chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine the bananas, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Set aside. In another bowl whisk together the oats, almond meal, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks/chips.The dough is a bit looser than a standard cookie dough, don't worry about it. Drop dollops of the dough, each about 2 teaspoons in size, an inch apart, onto a parchment (or Silpat) lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes.
Makes about 3 dozen bite-sized cookies.